Friday, December 30, 2011

Chuckanut 50K Trail Race

Yesterday I was running some trails and decided to take the plunge and sign up for the Chuckanut 50K Trail Race in March. Although I have only run sporadically since running the Eugene Marathon last May, I am hoping I have just enough stored fitness to not kill myself on the steep inclines of Chuckanut Mountain. The race sells out within 2 hours and registration begins on January 8th. Check out the site for more information.

Over the next week, I am hoping to track at least 4000 feet of elevation gain on my new/used Garmin 405 cx. I am hoping that means a run up Mt. Walker, which gains 2000 feet in 2 miles. YEE_HA!!!!. My dog, Dose is staring at me as I type. I think that means this post is over...time for a run.  Below, she is pictured waiting for me on our run yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment