Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 4 - Running Streak?

Okay, the only reason I went running this evening was due to this notion of a running streak. I fully realize that 4 days isn't a big deal, but the point is "the streak" actually made me go out and move a bit! So, it was dark, snowy and a few days ago I spotted wolf tracks in the woods.  Needless to say, I stayed away from the woods. I ran the minimum required by the national running registry to keep a streak going (1 mile). LAME?! No, not really....it got me off of the couch with Dose into the brisk evening.

Just four days ago, I was unsure if I wanted to make any sort of commitment related to a running streak. It only took four days for me to think a streak may have some motivational merit.

Interesting Running Streak Links:

Huffington Post
New York Times Article - 30 Years!
33 Year Streak

The scene heading out the door this evening...snowy and dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment