Sunday, March 21, 2010

Port Gamble Snot Rockets

After years of outdoor sports activities, I still haven't perfected the snot-rocket (called a "farmer's snort" in the mid-west). Inevitably, I end up with snot on my face. Ideally, a good rocket will send a snot projectile 3 feet or so. How do I know this? My wife Michelle, in all her grace and beauty, has perfected this essential trail-running task. Click here for excellent snot-rocket instructions.

Due to a lingering cold, the snot-rockets were flying on Saturday. I ran the Port Gamble Trails for 2.5 hours and around 15 miles. I am constantly finding single track that is not listed on the map. The single-track is one of the reasons I am so fond of running this area. There is always a surprise around the corner. Make sure you bring the map I referenced in the above link if you plan on running the trails for the first time. I still use a map after running the area for over a year!

I used Drymax Trail Running Socks for the first time Saturday. I must admit, I haven't given socks much thought before now. I do know that I usually get a few blisters if I run more than 8-9 miles on the trails at a time. Well, I was blister free after my run on Saturday! Not only that, I was really impressed with how comfortable the socks were...I hated to take them off after my run. I plan on wearing a pair of Drymax in a 50 mile trail race in April as well. That will be the true test.

I was planning on doing a long run this morning, but the knee pain that has been plaguing me for the last few weeks finally slowed me down. I plan on doing lots of icing over the next few days. I will try again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment