Saturday, May 8, 2010

Back in the Saddle

It has been a while since I posted anything on my blog. My Dad passed away after a tough battle with asbestosis two weeks ago. It happened to be the night before I was to run a 50 mile trail race I had been training and planning for since January. With my Dad hospitalized the last few days before his passing, the race was the furthest thing from my mind. Needless to say, I did not end up running the race.

My Dad passed peacefully surrounded by family. He was a wonderful man who taught me how to work hard, play hard, set goals, have high expectations, treat people well, and enjoy life. He was an inspiration. I will miss him immensely. However, this morning during a cycling workout I smiled when I thought about him rather than feeling like crying. I know he was with me on my ride today and he will continue to be with me in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment