Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blue Lake Duathlon/Viking Fest Road Race

I am looking forward to doing the Blue Lake Olympic Distance Duathlon on June 6th. When I decided to do this event, I thought it would be relatively easy. I mean, c'mon...I was comfortably running 15-20 mile trail runs in the mountains. (Okay, not comfortably, but still...not necessarily 15 miles, but still...) The Olympic Distance Duathlon consists of a 5K run (3.1 miles), a 40K bike (24.8 miles), and 10K run (6.2 miles). Last night I rode my bike 12 miles then ran 2 miles. My legs felt a bit like jello. No problem, I still have 3 weeks to get my legs used to a change of pace. Thankfully, I am an eternal optimist.

This weekend I plan on running the Viking Fest Road Race. If you have never done this race, you need to come check it out. The course is five miles and the scenery is beautiful. The race has been around for over 40 years! Poulsbo's Viking Fest is a celebration of Norway's Constitution Day of May 17th (in Norwegian -"Syttende mai"), it is also referred to as Norway's national holiday. I have great memories of first running this race as a junior high student 27 years ago. It will be fun now that all 3 of my own kids will be running as well...

Enjoy the sunshine! Run on....

No comments:

Post a Comment