Sunday, August 8, 2010

Brooks ID Program

Okay, I will admit it, I am a Brooks fanatic. I have owned 4 pair of the GTS series (click here for a photo history of the GTS) and 3 pair of the Brooks Cascadia Trail Running shoes (favorite pair being the bumble bee yellow and black). I love their light and airy race singlets as well as their shorts. As long as they are making the Cascadia, I will buy the latest version. I buy shoes and clothing from other companies, but I generally go back to Brooks. For this reason, I am considering applying for the Brooks ID program.

The following was taken from the Brooks ID web site:

Brooks I.D. Program

Brooks I.D. stands for Inspire Daily. These two simple words guide the principles of the program. Brooks I.D. is made up of over 800 members who are active in their running communities and share a passion for the Brooks brand. They are runners who are winners in their own right: Winning their age divisions, accomplishing their personal goals, pushing their own limits, and, by extension, encouraging others to do the same. They are coaches, mentors, and leaders.

I.D. Member Benefits

All Brooks I.D. athletes enjoy 40% off purchases made at brooksrunning.com and are invited to connect with other members at Brooks-sponsored events nationwide. Members who exert an unusual level of influence in the running community also receive a complimentary product package. All I.D. members also receive a monthly newsletter highlighting new products and I.D. member achievements.

What We Look for

Brooks I.D. athletes members use their athletic talent to help carry out the Brooks mission: To inspire people to run and be active. We look for athletes who have a passion for Brooks, race and train in Brooks' shoes and apparel, and enthusiastically evangelize the brand.

(this is where my commentary kicks in...)

While it is tempting to apply, it is still nice to have the freedom to wear other brands. However, my track record shows that I go back to Brooks anyways! So I may go for it. If so, and if I am accepted, I will share something out to the blogosphere.

RUN HAPPY!

No comments:

Post a Comment