Saturday, August 7, 2010

New York City Marathon - Team for Kids

Only 91 more days until my wife Michelle, and I line up for the New York City Marathon. If that can't get me motivated to get my long runs in, I don't know what can! I am also trying to raise money for Team for Kids. Team for Kids is an awesome charity. Team for Kids is a team of adult runners who raise funds for critical services provided by New York Road Runners Youth Programs. These programs combat childhood obesity and empower youth development via running and character-building programs in low-income schools and community centers throughout New York City, around the country, and in South Africa.


If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to this charity, please click the link below:

Team for Kids Donation

Your giving helps New York Road Runners Youth Programs to:

Serve over 85,000 children in more than 400 U.S. schools and community centers with FREE programs.

Reach children of all fitness levels - with a heightened focus on reaching out-of-shape and overweight kids with little or no athletic experience.

Help overweight or obese children make lifestyle changes today to prevent heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other chronic illnesses that lead to health-care costs in excess of $100 billion annually.
 
Thanks for considering!
 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your commitment to Team for Kids. the first time my brother ran NYC he did it through that organization and I know it really impressed him. NYC is my home town, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete