Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 3 - Time for Traction

Day number three today. Again, I am not making any commitments other than seeing if I can establish a habit this winter when it comes to my running. Usually, when I begin something like this I have a concrete goal in mind. This is actually a best practice when setting a goal, but related to running it hasn't always worked for me! Anyhow, it was Day 3.

I only ran 2.5 miles. I used a variation of the Yak Trax today because there is still a ton of ice on the trail. As far as distance is concerned, it is all I could fit in today, but figured exercise is exercise! My goal is to establish a good base so I can train for a fast half-marathon. I hope to run the Couer d'Alene Half-Marathon in May. My goal to run under 1:30. I think I can make it happen, as long as I stick with this during the winter.

I am amazed at some of the running streaks I have found online. I am actually pleased to get to 3 days in a row. I know, lame, but I have been running about 3 days a week with a longer run on the weekend. The challenge will be to string some days together. We shall see!

Check out the following sites:
Running Streak Registry
Jon Sutherland 44 year streak article

Enjoy!


Dose running past me going for some water!

No comments:

Post a Comment