Sunday, December 15, 2013

Day One - Winter Running with a German Short-Haired Pointer Named Dosewallips


Day one today. Day one of what, I am not sure! There are many things that I do everyday including the following:
  • Read the news online
  • Brush my teeth
  • Get dressed
  • Read
  • Household chores
  • Work
  • Enjoy family
I was thinking while out on a run today and thought how would my life change if I added exercise daily to my routine? Usually I am more content, happier, and have a healthier outlook on everything after I run. Generally, I am a better person to be around. My family would probably agree. So today is day one of.....attempting to establish a habit....kind of like brushing my teeth.

Today I ran 3 miles. Very easy run, very enjoyable. I took the time to stop and look at the animal tracks and enjoy the surroundings. However, today is Sunday. I find it much more difficult to make the time for running during the week. This blog will allow for some accountability to the task! 


Dosewallips coming back my way after running far ahead. 



One of the simple pleasures of running in the winter time. You never know what beauty you will find waiting to be discovered.
Had to get a picture of this today. I was following a bloody paw print, then came along this large canine paw. You can see the outline of my size 11 foot next to the paw. It measured over five inches! We did hear some howling last night. A good chance this was a wolf. They frequent an area northeast of our house about 30 miles away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment