Thursday, January 12, 2012

Training for Chuckanut

Well, I did it...I signed up for the Chuckanut 50K. It sold out in under two hours and now I have to figure out how to prepare for a 31 mile trail race having not run more than 10 miles since the Eugene Marathon in May. YEEEHAAAA!


Moonlight running in the morning
 I have been getting up early and running  just a few miles in the morning this week up and down a hill by my house. Trying to get used to running early morning. Next week I will hit it hard in the a.m. I am finding that I am enjoying the solitude of running in the quiet cold of the morning. The only sounds I hear are my breathing and the jingle of my dog's collar. A guy could get used to starting his day like this.

The weekends will be long runs. These primarily will be exploring the beautiful woods and mountains of the Pacific Northwest.  As you can see below, my dog will immensely enjoy the experience, usually fitting breaks in while I catch up to her.

Oops...6:08, better get off for that run...

Dose cooling off in the water, even at 35 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment